Monday 14 January 2013

All I Wanted was to Play Games


As every PC gamer knows, there's one real problem; hardware failures. This time it was the turn of the PSU. It had faithfully powered my machine for nearly six years. Now the bastard decided to keel over just after the Christmas holiday, a time when I could have quickly done something about it. Pulling it out of my machine was like doing battle with a copper hydra. The damn thing had so many spare connectors, it was a puzzle just to work out what it was actually connected too.

My desktop icons are full to the brim with great titles I picked up in the Steam winter sale, all ready to go. Now I have to wait patiently for a postman to turn up, probably when I'm not in. No doubt he'll leave a note saying it's been sent back to the depot, so I'll have to begin my quest to Mordor so I can deliver my own post to myself.

I've had to resort to using a MacBook Pro just to type this entry. Not a problem as it's actually quite a nice machine to use. That is until it tries to be 'helpful' by auto-correcting as you type, changing correctly spelt words into other, similar words as if it were secretly working for Pyongyang. Apple's word processor is a bit silly. Still a step up from Chrome though, which is on a mission to remove apostrophes from the English language by underlining every single word using one as a spelling mistake.

As long as the apocalypse of snow the news keeps harping on about holds off another day. It should be back to schedule next week, with why I think Blood Bowl Legendary Edition was a waste of my money.